North Olympic Peninsula Lead Entity for Salmon: Salmon for today. Salmon for tomorrow.
The North Olympic Peninsula Lead Entity for Salmon is a coalition that works with its members, partners and other stakeholders to coordinate, integrate, and implement local salmon recovery efforts. Our membership includes local governments, tribes, technical experts, non-profits, and citizens. We identify, prioritize, develop and seek funding for needed salmon recovery efforts, including, but not limited to habitat restoration.
Learn More About Us:
We are working towards a future on the North Olympic Peninsula with a healthy Puget Sound ecosystem and abundant salmon populations that support ceremonial, subsistence, recreational and commercial fisheries.
- Achieve fish stocks that are robust to changing conditions, self-sustaining over the long term, and capable of supporting ceremonial, subsistence, recreational and commercial fisheries.
- Implement actions in the salmon recovery plans to protect and restore fish habitat on the North Olympic Peninsula.
- Restore & maintain ecosystem function on the North Olympic Peninsula.
- Instill ecosystem awareness.
- Integrate efforts towards these goals with larger visions for overall salmon recovery and restoration of the Puget Sound ecosystem.
- More goals are outlined in the Strategy of the North Olympic Peninsula Lead Entity for Salmon.